Deposit protection scheme
- It is imperative that where a deposit is paid to a landlord by a tenant or a third party of the tenant’s behalf, the landlord must comply with his/her statutory obligations. Failure to do so can result in a financial claim being made against the landlord by the tenant.
- If the landlord is found to have failed to comply with his/her statutory obligations then the court can award that the landlord pay up to 4 times the deposit amount to the tenant.
- To calculate what a landlord may potentially be ordered to pay the tenant should they fail to comply with their obligations enter the deposit amount in the calculator below.
- Please be aware, the court’s are very robust on this issue.
Deposit protection scheme compensation calculator
* This calculator is meant as a guide only and individual circumstances can effect compensation amount. Contact us to discuss details of your case.